The Popcorn Guide

The Popcorn Guide

Popcorn Rating System

Movie Rating Guide

Unpopped Kernals = Terrible Movie = 0 - 1.5 stars
Burnt Popcorn = Bad Movie = 2 - 4 stars
Plain Popcorn = Ok Movie = 4.5 - 5.5 stars
Kettle Corn = Good Movie = 6 - 7 stars
Buttered Popcorn = Very Good Movie = 7.5 - 8.5 stars
Movie Theater Popcorn = Awesome Movie = 9 - 9.5 stars
Bag Of Half-popped Kernals = Hall of Fame = 10 stars

Monday, December 24, 2007

The Nativity Story (2006)



Synopsis

Title: The Nativity Story (2006)

Genre: Religious/Historical/Drama

Rating: PG

Running Time: 101 Minutes

Director: Catherine Hardwicke

Main Actors: Keisha Castle-Hughes, Oscar Isaac, Ciaran Hinds, Shohreh Aghdashloo

The Plot: The story about the birth of Christ. One of the greatest if not the greatest stories ever told! Finally we get to see the Nativity Story on the big screen!

My Take

The Nativity Story is the first movie that I am aware of that tells the story of the birth of Christ! This is amazing to me considering the importance of this event. It is safe to say that this is the best movie about the birth of Christ ever made. It is not flawless, but it was very accurately told according to biblical writings. I was paying very close attention to details to see how the director interpreted the nativity story. I found it to be very accurate, which is the most important thing in my mind when telling the story of Christ's birth. I was paying particularly close attention to how Mary and Joseph were portrayed. It is very hard to make a movie like this accurately without taking artistic liberties that would ruin the film. The only fault I find with The Nativity Story is that it does not live up to the actual event, although it is not possible to show how truly amazing and important this event was on the history of the world. I already know the story and many already do, so I guess maybe that is why I felt it lacked some of the excitement we should all feel at the birth of Christ.

Should You Watch???

You should buy this movie and watch it as a Christmas tradition. Jesus is the reason for the season, and what better way to remind you than to watch The Nativity Story? The movie itself is not perfect although it was very well done, but the story is perfect. This is the first movie to make my Hall of Fame list because it is a must watch for Christians and people of all faiths. It is the best movie depicting the birth of Christ that was ever made. What other reason do you need to watch? Buy and watch over and over again!

Popcorn Rating

Bag of Half-Popped Kernals



1 comment:

David said...

A fitting review for Christmas indeed. I guess my review of Resident Evil did not quite align with the season. Thanks for the review. I will have to give this movie a look at some point.