The Popcorn Guide

The Popcorn Guide

Popcorn Rating System

Movie Rating Guide

Unpopped Kernals = Terrible Movie = 0 - 1.5 stars
Burnt Popcorn = Bad Movie = 2 - 4 stars
Plain Popcorn = Ok Movie = 4.5 - 5.5 stars
Kettle Corn = Good Movie = 6 - 7 stars
Buttered Popcorn = Very Good Movie = 7.5 - 8.5 stars
Movie Theater Popcorn = Awesome Movie = 9 - 9.5 stars
Bag Of Half-popped Kernals = Hall of Fame = 10 stars

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Checking Out (1989)


Synopsis

Title: Checking out (1989)

Genre: Comedy

Rating: R

Running Time: 95 Minutes

Director: David Leland

Main Actors: Jeff Daniels, Melanie Mayron, Michael Tucker, Kathleen York, Ann Magnuson

Plot: Jeff Daniels stars as Ray Macklin who is deathly scared of illness and mortality after seeing his friend die from a heart attack.

My Take

I caught this movie playing on cable because I saw Jeff Daniels was starring in a comedy. The only other comedy Jeff Daniels was in that I have seen was Dumb and Dumber and I loved that movie, so I thought I’d give this one a try. There were a couple funny moments, most within the first couple minutes, but for the most part it was not real good. In fact, it was more like Dumb and Dumberer than it was Dumb and Dumber. Jeff Daniels definitely needs Jim Carey.


Should You Watch???

This movie is a goofy-funny movie but not extremely goofy. If you like those types of movies, you might like this movie, but I don’t think this movie is very good even for a goofy movie. They could have very easily made this movie PG-13 by avoiding a couple words and maybe a scene or two, which I think would help, because I think the teen crowd might like it more than the adult crowd might. This movie is obscure for a reason. You will be just fine if you never see this film.


Popcorn Rating

Plain Popcorn



No comments: