The Popcorn Guide

The Popcorn Guide

Popcorn Rating System

Movie Rating Guide

Unpopped Kernals = Terrible Movie = 0 - 1.5 stars
Burnt Popcorn = Bad Movie = 2 - 4 stars
Plain Popcorn = Ok Movie = 4.5 - 5.5 stars
Kettle Corn = Good Movie = 6 - 7 stars
Buttered Popcorn = Very Good Movie = 7.5 - 8.5 stars
Movie Theater Popcorn = Awesome Movie = 9 - 9.5 stars
Bag Of Half-popped Kernals = Hall of Fame = 10 stars

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Necessary Roughness (1991)


Synopsis

Title: Necessary Roughness (1991)

Genre: Slap-Stick Sports Comedy

Rating: PG-13

Running Time: 108 Minutes

Director: Stan Dragoti

Main Actors: Scott Bakula, Hector Elizondo, Robert Loggia, Harley Jane Kozak, Fred Thompson, Rob Schneider, Sinbad, Kathy Ireland

The Plot: Texas State football is hit with major recruiting violations and they have to field a group of misfit players that have to play both ways. How will they compete?


My Take

Awful, simply awful.


Should You Watch???

I’ll let some of the quotes in the movie do the talking. You decide.


Quotable

“Welcome to foot…BALL” (female kicker kicks DT you can guess where)

Woman says, “Up yours Phil!” Man replys, “She called me Phil?”

Blake says, “This beer’s on me.” Guy pours beer on Blake, “Now the beer is on you.”

“I’m going to kill you. You’re mine!”

“The ball is my friend”

“How could the refs call that? It was a clean kick to the facemask.”

“Holy Columbus Ohio

Woman “Are you Ok?” Blake, “Uh no, I was just hit in the head with a racquet ball.”

“If I wanted a big brother, I wouldn’t have killed mine.”

Popcorn Rating

Burnt Popcorn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. I remember this mess.

Believe it or not, I actually started shaking my head in disgust just from looking at Sinbad in that pic.

Mike said...

Yeah, it was pretty bad. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll make sure to stop by your blog.