The Popcorn Guide

The Popcorn Guide

Popcorn Rating System

Movie Rating Guide

Unpopped Kernals = Terrible Movie = 0 - 1.5 stars
Burnt Popcorn = Bad Movie = 2 - 4 stars
Plain Popcorn = Ok Movie = 4.5 - 5.5 stars
Kettle Corn = Good Movie = 6 - 7 stars
Buttered Popcorn = Very Good Movie = 7.5 - 8.5 stars
Movie Theater Popcorn = Awesome Movie = 9 - 9.5 stars
Bag Of Half-popped Kernals = Hall of Fame = 10 stars

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Caddyshack II (1988)



Synopsis

Title: Caddyshack II (1988)

Genre: Comedy

Rating: PG-13

Running Time: 99 Minutes

Director: Allan Arkush

Main Actors: Jackie Mason, Dyan Cannon, Robert Stack, Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid

The Plot: This sequel to the popular 1980 comedy Caddyshack gives you more of the same country club humor. Blue collar workers meet upper-class snobs on the golf course.

My Take

I found Caddyshack II to be a watchable movie, but not one that I would feel I had to watch. I didn’t think it was quite as crude as the original Caddyshack, but it was more of the same kind of jokes. Chevy Chase is one of the funniest actors if not the funniest actor ever in my opinion. He is great comedic entertainment in this movie but his character has a limited role unfortunately. The acting was ok and the plot was decent enough, but I just never really got interested. Much like Necessary Roughness (although it was not nearly as corny as that movie), the comedy in Caddyshack II was slap-stick. The jokes just don’t seem quite as funny now as they surly did when this was first made.

Should You Watch???

If you have seen the first Caddyshack and were a fan of that movie, you should like the sequel. Some may be disappointed that Rodney Dangerfield and Bill Murry did not return, but I honestly don't think they would have made much of a difference in this movie. I noticed several plot lines that Happy Gilmore (a movie I very much like) would later mimic. Although I wouldn’t say Caddyshack II was a great movie (I might even say it's not good), it is watchable and will have it’s funny moments. Chevy Chase is one of the funniest actors of all time and he will make you laugh in this movie. Randy Quaid does a pretty good job as the maniac lawyer, but the movie is just not that good when all is said and done. Watch it if you are in a slap-happy mood.

Popcorn Rating

Plain Popcorn

No comments: